There are very few items in your home that are more important than smoke and CO (carbon monoxide) detectors for your family’s safety. As a landlord, I am constantly fascinated by the number of times I entered one of my rentals after tenants had moved out and the smoke detectors were removed from the ceiling, apparently because they were “chirping” (needed batteries). Really?
With very little cost and effort you can rest assured knowing that warning systems are in place to let you know when there is trouble. Start by taking a quick tour through your home and noting the types of batteries each detector uses and buy a package of each kind so you have them at the ready to change out every six months.
Reenergize for safety – It’s a good idea to synchronize changing your smoke and CO detector batteries with the changing of the clocks – you know Spring Forward, Fall Back. Once the new batteries are in, hit the “test button” to make sure the alarm is functioning properly. If it isn’t working properly, run (don’t walk) to your nearest hardware store and replace it. Vacuum dust off of the units and wipe clean if necessary.
I think we all know what smoke detectors are for and we should all have them just outside the doorway to the kitchen and at the doorway and inside each bedroom.
Click here to see a list of the best smoke detectors; https://www.safety.com/smoke-detectors/
For those of you that are not exactly sure what CO or carbon monoxide is – It’s a byproduct of burning carbon fuel like the natural gas in your stove and the gasoline in your car. Even small doses of carbon monoxide can cause permanent damage or death. Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless, and toxic gas that claims almost 430 lives a year.
To maximize your home’s security against high levels of carbon monoxide, place detectors in several key locations. Each level of your home should have at least one monitor. Don’t forget to include your basement and attic as levels of your home. Also near each bedroom. Make sure everyone in your home can hear the alarm sound—even if they’re asleep when it goes off. And of course next to attached garages. Cars release carbon monoxide when they’re running, and if a car is left running in your garage for too long, the gas can seep into your home.
Click here to see a list of the best CO detectors; https://www.safety.com/the-best-carbon-monoxide-detectors/
I hope this information helps you keep you loved ones safe in your home.
Do you have a need for commercial / industrial / retail buildings or land? Are you ready to buy or sell a home? We can help you with that… just call us at 702 SELL NOW or click on this link to my website http://www.702SellNow.com
Choose to have an amazing day….Jeff